Vegetable Skillet Frittata
Note: If you try this recipe, get a grownup's help because it requires using a knife, the stovetop, and the oven.
Prep time: 25 minutes
What you need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Equipment and supplies:
- 10" skillet, non-stick
- Measuring cups
- 1 knife
- Heatproof spatula
What to do:
- Preheat broiler.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, and broccoli.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour egg whites and eggs into skillet over the vegetables.
- Cook until eggs are almost fully cooked. Top with cheese.
- Use an oven mitten to transfer the skillet into the oven. Broil until the cheese is melted and eggs are fully cooked.
- Remove pan from the oven and allow to cool for a minute before serving.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 160 calories
- 12g protein
- 8g fat
- 3g sat. fat
- 9g carbohydrate
- 3g fiber
- 80mg cholesterol
- 210mg sodium
- 3g sugars
Serving size: 1/4 of a 10-inch skillet
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.