What Is Good Sportsmanship?
Good sportsmanship is when people who are playing or watching a sport treat each other with respect. This includes players, parents, coaches, and officials.
How Can I Be a Good Sport?
There are lots of ways you can be a good sport. You can:
- Have a positive attitude.
- Give your best effort.
- Shake hands with the other team before and after the game.
- Support teammates by saying "good shot" or "good try." Never criticize a teammate for trying.
- Accept calls and don't argue with officials.
- Treat the other team with respect and never tease or bully.
- Follow the rules of the game.
- Help another player up who has fallen.
- Take pride in winning but don't rub it in.
- Accept a loss without whining or making excuses.
By being a good sport, you learn respect for others and self-control. These skills can help you manage many other parts of your life. They're also key to becoming a mature, respectful, and successful adult.